WEBINAR: What Every College Athlete Needs To Know About Earning Income From NIL And EndorsementsOn July 27, 2021 by Schnader
EVENT DATE: August 11, 2021
Schnader presented a timely webinar about, “What Every College Athlete Needs To Know About Earning Income From NIL And Endorsements.”
Student-athletes suddenly have opportunities to earn income from endorsing products and services and licensing their name, image and likeness (“NIL”).
Now student-athletes should understand the law and what rules apply going forward. This workshop explained the basics of NIL and endorsements.
The following issues were discussed:
- Recent changes in the NCAA rules and state laws about how college athletes can earn income using their NIL
- The legal rights held by athletes for their intellectual property and right of publicity
- How student-athletes can profit while complying with university policies
- Opportunities and challenges that may occur, and how to handle them
The webinar featured leading attorneys from Schnader’s Sports Law Team and Intellectual Property Practice Group.
- It’s a New Game: Pennsylvania Statute Adopted on College Athlete Compensation for Name, Image and Likeness
- Summer School for Intellectual Property: Universities Must Prepare Student-Athlete Endorsement Policies in Response to New NCAA Rules
- What Does the Future Hold for College Athletics after the Supreme Court Decision in NCAA v. Alston?