Our Entertainment and Music group represents clients on both the talent and industry sides in the music, television, content production, modeling, and entertainment industries. Our attorneys have experience in transactional, enforcement, and dispute resolution matters and offer a range of services including negotiating and drafting agreements related to content licensing, development, production and distribution, celebrity and brand partnerships, celebrity performance and appearances, co-production services and sales, and disputes related to royalties and IP clearances.
Representative Matters Include:
- Negotiated and drafted various agreements for celebrity endorsement and brand partnership deals in the food, beverage, and jewelry industries.
- Negotiated music performance agreements with multiple A-List artists.
- Negotiated agreements, including talent releases, IP licenses, and filming location contracts for the development, production, and distribution of a documentary produced by a prominent television network featuring a celebrity client.
- Drafted private screening licenses for the premiere of a documentary developed and produced by a non-profit client.
- Advised clients, including various online retailers, on how to structure their IP clearance and talent release agreements in connection with multimedia advertisements involving third-party advertising companies.
- Negotiated modeling and agency agreements for clients in the modeling industry, including the renegotiation of royalty and commission rates for such clients, as well as the restructuring of agreements affecting such clients’ rights to monetize their name, image, and likeness (NIL).
- Obtained registrations with the U.S. Copyright Office for clients seeking to register their sound recordings and musical compositions.
- Advised higher education clients on obtaining public performance licenses from performance rights organizations including ASCAP and BMI and synchronization licenses from music publishers.
- Advised estate administrators and trustees with respect to the cataloging of IP assets and the licensing and enforcement of the rights associated with such assets for celebrity estates.
- Resolved disputes with global record labels involving the misuse of clients’ musical works.
- Resolved claims against clients with respect to music synchronization rights.