Members of Schnader’s Public Finance Practice Group routinely serve as borrower’s counsel in tax-exempt conduit financing, as well as counsel to underwriters, issuers, credit enhancement providers and trustees and occasionally as Bond Counsel in connection with all types of tax-exempt financings and the refunding of tax-exempt debt, as well as structuring and documentation of related credit, liquidity, derivative and investment agreements, and tax and bond anticipation notes. Schnader’s public finance experience includes educational facilities, student and low-income housing, infrastructure, health care. Industry focuses include aviation and airport facilities, health care, higher education and solid waste disposition and management. The Firm has several attorneys listed in The Bond Buyer’s Municipal Marketplace (“The Red Book”). Our Public Finance Group can draw as needed on the additional experience of other lawyers in the Firm’s Public and Private Partnership, Financial Services, Securities, Tax and Health Law practice groups. Schnader enjoys an excellent reputation with both regional and national investment banking firms. In the past several years, Schnader has participated in public finance transactions with a volume of more than $1 billion.
The Firm has substantial experience in the area of derivative products such as interest rate swap agreements and other similar types of transactions. In addition, Firm attorneys serve in governmental positions such as solicitors, members of commissions and authority boards, and other roles that support public finance.
|Walter B. Ferst||215-751-2370||Philadelphia, PA||Download vCard|
|Megan E. Harmon||412-577-5209||Pittsburgh, PA||Download vCard|
News & Publications
- Megan Harmon Marks 30 Years of Giving Scholarships to Students at Woodland Hills High School
- No-poach employment provisions – are they still acceptable?
- Steves and Sons vs. Jeld-Wen: The First Private Antitrust Divestiture Suit
- Schnader Advises Valley Pool Sales Regarding Acquisition by Large National Pool Retailer
- Schnader Advises Waste Management Regarding Acquisition of Saratoga Landfill
- “The Right Time and Circumstances: M&A Strategy”
- Schnader Attorneys Recognized as Members of the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania’s Pro Bono Roll of Honor
- Megan Harmon Selected as One of the “2012 Most Powerful and Influential Women of Pennsylvania”
- “Regulators Propose Alternatives to Credit Ratings”
- Schnader’s Titus Mentioned in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Sixty-Eight Schnader Attorneys Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Megan Harmon and Elliot Dater Serve as Coaches and Moderators at Invent Penn State Venture & IP Conference
- Progressive Networking Luncheon for ACG Pittsburgh
- Sarah Hewitt, Richard Barkasy, and Megan Harmon Presented “Delaware – The Land of A Million of Corporations”
- Megan Harmon Served as Panelist for Pittsburgh Diversity Council’s Leadership Conference
- Alternative Methods of Payment – PayPal and Mobile Payments in the United States