Schnader’s Government Contracts attorneys are experienced with a broad spectrum of contracts involving government entities, and many have first-hand experience as former government executives and lawyers. We can assist in the formation and administration of such public-private arrangements, and we can advise and advocate when disputes arise. We work with local, state and federal government agencies and with domestic and foreign business organizations.
Our representation at the contract formation stage includes counseling on the terms and conditions of procurement processes; assistance in preparing bids and proposals; structuring new entities when appropriate; assisting and guiding with various regulatory approvals; reviewing insurance and indemnification; negotiating and documenting contracts, leases, and financing documents; negotiation and drafting plans and agreements involving critical stakeholder interests; and advising on communications related to government contracting.
Examples of the types of projects with which our attorneys are experienced include:
Real Estate Development
Transportation and Infrastructure
Municipal, County and State Services
Sports & Entertainment Venues
Airports & Aviation
Engineering & Architecture
In the area of dispute resolution, we represent clients in appeals before agency boards of contract appeals; lawsuits in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims and appeals before the Federal Circuit, as well as other federal, state and local courts; in arbitration proceedings; and in informal alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Recent matters have involved clients in the transportation and advertising industries, telecommunications and medical fields, and in jurisprudence.
Examples of the types of government contract disputes with which our attorneys are experienced include:
Indemnification and Insurance Claims
Suspension and Debarment Actions
Terminations for Convenience and Default
Disputes and Appeals
Procurement Fraud Investigations and Claims
Inspector general investigations
In the construction area, we have handled matters pertaining to light construction (residential housing and commercial stores), medium construction (shopping centers and office and apartment buildings), specialty construction (power plants, hospitals, sewage treatment facilities and renovation of historic buildings) and heavy construction (dams, bridges and subway systems).
Range of Experience
Our government contracts lawyers provide a unique range of experience and are nationally recognized lecturers, authors and authorities in this area of the law. They have had experience in both the public and private sectors.
For further information concerning Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis’ Government Contracts Group, please contact the group’s chair.
|Michael G. Bock||412-577-5213||Pittsburgh, PA||Download vCard|
|Megan E. Harmon||412-577-5209||Pittsburgh, PA||Download vCard|
|Marilyn Z. Kutler||215-751-2684||Philadelphia, PA||Download vCard|
News & Publications
- Megan Harmon Marks 30 Years of Giving Scholarships to Students at Woodland Hills High School
- No-poach employment provisions – are they still acceptable?
- Steves and Sons vs. Jeld-Wen: The First Private Antitrust Divestiture Suit
- Schnader Advises Valley Pool Sales Regarding Acquisition by Large National Pool Retailer
- Schnader Advises Waste Management Regarding Acquisition of Saratoga Landfill
- Attorneys from Trujillo Rodriguez & Richards Join Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis
- Megan Harmon Selected as One of the “2012 Most Powerful and Influential Women of Pennsylvania”
- Marilyn Kutler Recognized with a 2011 Philadelphia Business Journal Women of Distinction Award
- Sixty-Eight Schnader Attorneys Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Thirty Schnader Attorneys Recognized as “The Best Lawyers in America” for 2012
- Thirty-Two Schnader Attorneys Recognized as “Best Lawyers in America” for 2011
- Pittsburgh Professional Notes Bock for Engineering, Law Leadership
- “Alternative Project Delivery Systems”
- “ADR Is the Focus of Inaugural Construction Claims Forum”
- Megan Harmon and Elliot Dater Serve as Coaches and Moderators at Invent Penn State Venture & IP Conference
- Progressive Networking Luncheon for ACG Pittsburgh
- Schnader’s Michael Bock Presented at the 94th Annual Convention for the Associated General Contractors of America
- Schnader’s Michael Bock Presents Seminar on Pennsylvania’s Mechanics’ Lien Law
- Schnader’s Marilyn Kutler Presented at the American College of Real Estate Lawyers 2012 Spring Meeting, Public Private Partnership Committee
- Schnader’s Marilyn Kutler Presented at PBI’s 15th Annual Real Estate Institute – Public Art
- Marilyn Kutler Spoke at City of Philadelphia Law Department CLE Seminar on Use of Authorities and Quasi-Public Agencies in Philadelphia
- The Impact of Bilt-Rite