Aviation Happenings- Spring 2018On March 5, 2018 by Schnader
The Spring 2018 (Part A) edition of the Aviation Group’s newsletter examines some of the most recent and relevant cases and developments in aviation, including:
- California District Court Dismisses Suit Against Airbus and Rolls Royce on Forum Non Conveniens Grounds
- The Government Giveth and the Government Taketh Away…without Compensation: Federal Appeals Court Rejects Takings Claim by Insurers Denied Recovery from Libya for EgyptAir 648 and Pan Am 103 Payments
- Delaware Superior Court Denies Union Pacific’s Motions to Dismiss on Forum Non Conveniens Grounds, Deferring to Plaintiffs’ Choice of Forum
- Supplier of Electrical Equipment to Airport Shielded From Third Party Liability Based on Government Contractor Defense
- Alleged Emergency Evacuation Leads to Montreal Convention ‘Accident’ Claims Against Delta Airlines
- Reversing Course, the Eighth Circuit Joins Three Other Circuits in Holding that the ADA Does Not Expressly Preempt “Whistleblower” Claims Against Air Carriers
- Tenth Circuit Says Continental Motors Did Not “Purposely Direct” itself to Jurisdiction in Colorado with Online FBO Program
- Delta Faces Multiple Lawsuits Alleging Discrimination against Jews and Israelis in violation of the Civil Rights Act: Fukelman et al. v. Delta Airlines Inc.
Please click here to view the newsletter.