Aviation Happenings- Winter 2017On December 12, 2017 by Schnader
The Winter 2017 edition of the Aviation Group’s newsletter examines some of the most recent and relevant cases and developments in aviation, including:
- 3D Printing: Not Your Old Dot Matrix Printer!
- District Court Again Upholds $2.8 Million Verdict Against Engine Manufacturer in Plane Crash Litigation
- Nebraska Supreme Court Upholds Defense Jury Verdict for Cessna Aircraft in Caravan Icing Case Rejecting Unspecified “Malfunction Theory”
- Preemptive Effect of Montreal Convention Affirmed by District Court
- Montreal Convention Accident Inquiry Recently Addressed in Three Federal Cases, with Varying Results
- NY Federal Court Reiterates that Federal Regulations Preempt State Law Standards for Pilot Conduct and Certification
- California Federal District Court Grants and Denies Manufacturer’s Summary Judgment Motions Arising from Fatal Pre-Flight Collapse of Marine Corps CH-53 Helicopter Landing Gear
- No Personal Jurisdiction in Cook County, Illinois Over Storage Company Despite Operating Warehouse and Registering to do Business in the State
- FAA Drone Collision Study Concludes Current Aircraft Certification Standards are Inadequate
Please click here to view the newsletter.